Kai Choi Recipes
Kai Choi with Garlic Oyster Sauce
Preparation: 2 mins Cooking Time: 5 mins Serves: 4
- 300g Kai Choi (Mustard leaves) - washed, tough stems removedand cut the stems diagonally into thick 5cm slices
- 1 litre water
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoon (@LeeKumKeeEurope) oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Bring 1 litre of water to the boil in a wok. Next place the Kai Choi on a heatproof plate, transfer to a bamboo steamer, put the lid on and place it over the wok.
- Make sure the base of the steamer is not immersed in the water and steam for 1 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep the Kai Choi warm in the steamer.
- Heat another wok or a pan and add the groundnut oil. Stir fry the ginger or garlic for less than 1 minute and add the oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sesame oil, stir well, take off the heat and drizzle over the Kai Choi.