Kai Lan Recipes
Noodles with garlic beef and Kai Lan
Preparation: 15 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
- 250g chow mein noodles (thin egg noodles)
- 400g beef rump steak
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 700g Kai Lan, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 170ml water
- 55ml Chinese wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 small green chilli, chopped (optional)
- Prepare noodles by following instructions on packet.
- Slice the beef steak into 1cm x 5cm strips
- Blanch the Kai Lan in boiling water (the length of time depends on thickness of stem). Drain and leave on side.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the groundnut oil in wok, stir fry noodles and soy sauce for 2 minutes, then remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok, stir-fry garlic and steak.
- Stir Kai Lan, oyster sauce, blended cornflour and water, Chinese wine vinegar and sugar, stir-fry until mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve Kai Lan mixture over noodles sprinkled with chillies.