Lin Choi Recipes
Pork and Chinese Lin Choi Spinach Soup
Preparation: 30 mins | Cooking time: 50 mins | Serves: 4-6
- 100g fresh Chinese Lin Choi
- 200g free range pork fillet pork/chicken (skinless, boneless)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, or as needed
- 1 litre of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Wash the pork, pat dry, and cut into thin strips approximately 2 inches long and 1/8-inch thick.
- Place the pork in a medium size bowl. Add the rice wine, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and a few drops of sesame oil to chicken pieces. Marinate the pork for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the pork is marinating, prepare the Lin Choi. Wash the lin choi leaves thoroughly.
- In a large pot of boiling water blanch the Lin Choi for 1 - 2 minutes, or until the leaves turn a bright green.
- Plunge the blanched leaves briefly in cold water first to stop the cooking process, and then drain thoroughly.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Stir in the soy sauce and remaining 1/4 teaspoon sugar.
- Next add the chicken strips. Bring back to a boil and cook until the chicken turns white and is cooked through.
- Add the spinach leaves and bring back to a boil.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Serve hot.