Kai Choi Recipes
Kai Choi with Garlic Oyster Sauce
Preparation: 2 mins Cooking Time: 5 mins Serves: 4
- 300g Kai Choi (Chinese Mustard) - washed, tough stems removedand cut the stems diagonally into thick 5cm slices
- 1 litre water
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoon (@LeeKumKeeEurope) oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Steam (steamer or bamboo steamer), medium-large pot, wok/pan and a serving plate.
- STEAM method - Bring 1 litre of water to the boil in a wok. Next place the Kai Choi (Chinese Mustard) on a heatproof plate, transfer to a bamboo
steamer, put the lid on and place it over the wok. Make sure the base of the steamer is not immersed in the water and steam for 1 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep the Kai Choi (Chinese Mustard) warm in the steamer.
BOIL method - Add two small drops of cooking oil into the boliing water. Place your Kai Choi (Chinese Mustard) into the boiling water and quickly blanch them for about 20-30 seconds (depends on the quantity). As soon as the Kai Choi (Chinese Mustard) starts to slightly wilted, transfer and drain excess water off the vegetables. Arrange the vegetables on a plate.
Heat another wok or a pan and add the groundnut oil. Stir fry the ginger or garlic for less than 1 minute and add the oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sesame oil, stir well, take off the heat and drizzle over the Kai Choi.