Pak Choi Recipes
Pak Choi with Scallops
Created by Rokewood Ltd, published in the Telegraph, 2007
Preparation: 10 mins Cooking time: 5 mins Serves: 2-3
- 400g pak choi
- 12 small scallops
- 1 tblspoon of groundnut oil
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 hot red chilli, deseeded and cut into strands
- Good pinch of salt
- Good pinch of sugar
- Cut the pak choi leaf section from the bulbous stems. Next cut the leaves into long ribbons and the stemsdown, not across - into four or eight chunks.
- Blanch these in boiling water for under a minute. Drain and dry on a tea towel.
- Slice the scallops and their corals in half across the fish then, in a sieve, dunk them into boiling water to heat them through.
- Heat the oil in a wok until very hot (but do not let it smoke) and add the ginger, garlic and chilli. Stir before adding the drained and dried pak choi stems.
- Stir fry for 15 seconds then add the scallops and stir fry for another 15 seconds.
- Add the leaf section, the sugar and salt and stir to heat through.
- Remove from heat and serve quickly.