Choi Sum Recipes
Chicken Singapore Noodles with Choi Sum
Preparation: 15 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins | Serves: 1-2
- 150 grams of noodles (prepare in advance)
- A selection of vegetables cut very finely, e.g. carrot, pepper, mushrooms, spring onions, or spring greens.
- 200g Choi Sum - (chopped into halves along the core)
- Chicken (cooked and sliced) - this could be leftovers from a roast.
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Medium Free Range Egg
- 2 slices of bacon
- Ginger (1 thumb size*), peel then grated
- 1 teaspoon of madras powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 to 2 fresh Thai red chilli (optional)
Wok/pan and a serving plate.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan, make sure the oil is very hot.
- Scramble the egg, garlic and bacon and fry in wok/frying pan.
- Stir fry the vegetables starting with any of the harder vegetables, such as carrots first and Choi Sum last.
- Add noodles, chicken, madras powder and chillies then stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add dark soy sauce and quickly heat through.
- Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.
*Thumb size of ginger is about 5 centimeters (2 inches) long, 1.5 centimeters (0.6 inches) in diameter.